Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Summer Time Recipes
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Summer Time Recipes
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Summer Time Recipes 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 216
okay well we're in chat talking about strawberries and i figured I'd share:

This costs $5 - $10 to make over all, and takes about 5 mins prep time, 45 mins - 90 mins wait time (not counting shopping time) and then you can have something that's similar to Strawberry shortcake:

same thing different loaf!

okay so here we go!

Your going to need:

Transportation to your Local Walmart!
1 package fresh strawberries
1/2 cup of sugar (this is more to taste so it may be more and it may be less)
1 - 2 packages of Walmart Loaf bread. (recommended flavor to boy: Vanilla, Marble, Chocolate, or Strawberry Marble)
1 - 2 quart storage container that seals
a working fridge
a sharp knife
a stirring sppon

okay so the loaves I'm speaking of are these: www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=976759&search_query=loaf+cake&facet=brand%3AThe+Bakery+At+Wal-Mart&_refineresult=true&cat_id=976759

buy 1 - 2 packages, then make sure you get strawberries, and sugar if you need it. the real kind that's good sweet and fattening.

bring it all home, wash your strawberries, allow them to dry or dry them yourself. slice them up, doesn't hafta be evenly but that's always nicer to me.

put them in the storage container, and then grab your sugar, begin to lightly coat the strawberries on top with a coating of sugar.

STOP once they are covered. at this point you want to grab a spoon and stir them well. The sugar will seep into the strawberries, and make a "goo"/"marmalade"/"syrup" what ever you want to call it. Add sugar as needed but remember to stir. Make sure at this point you are constantly tasting it. Too much sugar and you end up with "natural koolaid crack juice" too little and it's very tart.

once you have the flavor you like, continue to stir for about 2 mins.

once your done, cover your strawberries, and put both them and the cake in the fridge. These cakes are VERY soft, and fall apart easily, for them to be "wet" it's better if they are chilled when serving. but that too is a preference.

got back every 15 mins or so and re-stir. make sure all the sugar gradual are good and mixed with the juice.

after 45 mins, you should be ready to go, the longer you wait, the more "goo/marmalade/syrup" you have

the end result is what you saw above and is very tasty, and EASY to make. I would allow a 7 year old to make this, though i would watch with the sugar, and do the cutting myself.

anyone is welcome to add a recipe if they'd like! the more the merrier! and if you happen to make it and can, please post your pics as well! Additionally you can do this with any cake, but this is the easier and best i've tried so far!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/06/10 22:51 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Fiona
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Summer Time Recipes 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Simple/Rustic Tart:

Photo from Google.

My computer wouldn't read my memory card. If I can get it to work I'll edit in the ones I took. I just wanted to give you an idea of what you would be making.

Ingredients:

Fresh Fruit of your choice... Apples, Pears, Blueberries, Raspberries, Or a combination or any of the above.

It has been my experience that (3) large Apples/Pears will make (2) Tarts.

2 Tsp- Lemon Juice -Either from an actual lemon or the bottled lemon juice.

3/4 cup- White Sugar

2 Tbsp- Cornstarch

1 Tbsp- Ground Cinnamon

1 Box- Pillsbury Pie Crusts

----------------------------------------

First wash the fruit you will be using and let dry. For Apples and Pears peal, rinse, and then dice or slice thinly removing all cores, seeds and stems.

In a large mixing bowl combine, Fruit, Lemon Juice, Sugar, Cornstarch and Cinnamon. Stir gently to coat evenly.

Gently unroll pie crusts and place half of fruit mixture into the center of each crust.

*NOTE the colder you keep your pie crusts the easier they are to work with. Also, you will have a juicy syrup in the bottom of the bowl from the fruit and sugar, avoid getting to much of that in the crust with the fruit, best way is to use a slotted spoon when dishing out fruit.*

Fold edges of crust over top fruit leaving a small area uncovered. - this is important or you will end up with a really messy oven.

Carefully place on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

Let cool before enjoying!

Can be garnished with mint and served with Whip Cream or Ice Cream.

Adult Supervision recommended for Children under 13, as ovens are hot and knives are sharp.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/06/16 15:20 By Fiona Faucett.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.